Wednesday, December 28, 2011

singer Machine case

A couple of years ago one of my best friends and her hubby bought a small farm . When they moved in they found an old singer machine case in one of the sheds .It did not have a machine with it but the draws had a lot of old lace buttons and other things in them. My friend is not into sewing like I am so I was offered the case of course I jumped at the chance as I had been wanting one for a one time .It has taken My Dear Hubby just over a year to do his magic and do it up for me .I did not get any before pics but here it is now It was very neglected and unloved before but now it looks beautiful

I have sat it in my front room until I can decide where it will live
I hope you all are getting some sewing time
hugs Beth
.

8 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh,it's beautiful!!!. I have just the cast iron base with a timber top Hubby made for it. I love mine too.....

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Lovely, I've always wanted one of those machine cases. Your hubby has done a fine job of doing it up.

Bec - Farmers Wife said...

It looks great, he has done a fantastic job, even if it seemed like ages to do it LOL

Bec - Farmers Wife said...

Have a seat, take a deep breath, your not going to believe it LOL

I have signed up for 1 xmas item a month over at pins and whiskers, yep, that's not a typo bestie. You have just gotta join in too!!!!

Unknown said...

I love these old sewing tables, I managed to find one a couple of years ago with an old machine. I keep all my old wooden cotton reels etc in the drawers, they are so beatifully made. Well done to your hubby for the restoration.

Scottish Nanna said...

Trev did A good job on it My one has no drawers in it I have A nice cloth on top with family photos on it looks good.
Hugs Mum xx

Cheryll said...

The sewing table is a treasure for sure. I grew up with my Nan owning one.. that baby could sing!!!
Nice to visit you again! :)

rosie said...

Hi Beth, your hubby did a fantastic job.. they are the greatest old machines, and their cases are so special..